5 ART GALLERIES
Got an eye for art? Apart from the Kalmar art museum, the city has several cosy art galleries. Below are just a few.
- Galleri 28 exhibits contemporary art, and offers several joint as well as one-artist exhibitions each year. The gallery hosts croquis and painting courses.
- Persona Galleri organizes art exhibitions as well as cultural events and workshops. The gallery has its own shop, with design items and craft products.
- Teatergalleriet is run by a non-profit organization since 1984. This is a place for professional artists to display their work.
- Art Rautio is both a gallery and an atelier, run by artist Lotta Rautio. The venue features works by several different artists, as well as painting and pottery workshops.
- Galleri Svalan showcases contemporary graphic art. The gallery was previously located in Öland, but since 2018 it is located on Ängö, right outside central Kalmar.