5 bbq spots by the sea
Nothing is quite like preparing your own food over an open fire, surrounded by nature. If you’d like to top that with an ocean view, here are a few tips about seaside BBQ spots.
- Stensö is a lush peninsula, offering several nicely situated BBQ spots by the water. It’s up to you whether you want to cook with a view of Kalmarsund, or facing the little islands and canals of Västra sjön.
- Svinö is very close to the Öland bridge, so naturally some of the BBQ spots have a spectacular view, to say the least! The surroundings are green, and you can see the cars coming across the bridge, while boats cruise through Kalmarsund.
- Värsnäs, located about 10 kilometres north of central Kalmar, is a peninsula where the tranquility of nature is truly palpable. Surrounded by beautiful forests and with a view of Kalmarsund, this is the perfect spot for a BBQ outing.
- Kalmarsundsparken is a good place to visit if you would like to cook your food with a view of both Kalmarsund and Kalmar Castle. There’s a spacious park area here, if you would like to play some kubb, soccer or other fun games during your excursion.
- Långviken has several cosy BBQ spots, with a view of Kalmarsund. They are all surrounded by trees that give shelter from the wind. You can also go for a bath nearby, or challenge your friends to a game of volleball or basket.