7 tips from the white guide
Kalmar has a wide selection of cafés and restaurants. Several of them have made it into the White Guide.
- Postgatan is the Kalmar restaurant that received the highest marks in the latest edition of the White Guide. They describe themselves as a gastronomic recreation centre. You can choose whether you would like to sit down to a full meal, a taster menu, or simply settle for a pint at the bar.
- Slipkajen opened in the spring of 2018, and made it into the White Guide in less than a year. The restaurant is located on Varvsholmen, and serves well-cooked food made from carefully selected ingredients.
- Gröna Stugan can be found in the heart of the city, near the Kalmar guest harbour. It offers tasty meat and fish courses, along with modern home cooking.
- Kallskänken is a local restaurant specializing in pizza, among other things. The whole menu is available for takeaway, and the venue also houses a well-stocked deli shop.
- Kalmar Kött & Bar serves meat cooked to perfection, but offers both fish and vegetarian dishes as well. The food is prepared from carefully selected ingredients according to what is currently in season.
- Two Kalmar cafés are also mentioned in the café list of the White Guide: Triberg Café and Kullzénska Caféet.