8 family activities
When in Kalmar, you will have no trouble finding family fun, suitable for children of all ages. Below are a few tips.
- Splashing in the water. Kalmar has several nice baths with long jetties, cosy bays and diving towers. If you’d rather go for an indoor swim, Äventyrsbadet is the place to go.
- Animals past and present. At A World of Dinosaurs, your family can get close and personal with the dinosaurs, and the Skälby 4H farm has farm animals to befriend.
- Tiny adventures. For some more action-packed activities, there is Kalmar Hyrkart, Upzone Adventure Park, Snurrom Bike Park, Kalmar Betongpark (concrete park) and Hagbynäs Dirtbike track – just a couple of suggestions.
- Museum games and crafts. The Kalmar art museum includes Konstlabbet, an art lab, and at the Kalmar county museum has the exhibition Superkronan. At the castle you are treated to Petit’s adventure and a round of picture bingo, as well as many other things.
- Water activities. Looking for some waterborne adventures? In the summer, Kalmar offers canoeing, kayaking or stand up paddleboarding. A trip with the Kalmarflundran sightseeing boat is another exciting option.
- A family challenge. Why not try your hand at bowling, lasergame, or minigolf?
- Activities galore. Activity parks can be found at Långviken, Skälby, Norrliden, Berga, and Smedby. Here you will find everything from sports grounds and outdoor gyms to climbing frames and playground facilities.
- Fun and games. Kalmar has a wealth of nice playgrounds, both in and outside of town. For indoor shenanigans, try Leos Lekland.
Opening hours vary, so make sure to consult the webpages of the activities to see the current hours.