9 downtown cafés
Looking for a cosy cup of coffee in a café that sits right on the main nerve of town? Below are a few pleasant venues, located square in the middle of Kalmar’s central shopping streets and gallerias.
- Triberg Café is a trendy coffee house focusing on sustainability and organic ingredients. They are listed in the White Guide, at that. In the summer, you can choose between their cosy backyard or the outdoor patio along the shopping street.
- Oas is a cosy coffee house with a pleasant and inviting atmosphere. Stop by to enjoy tasty vegan treats, smoothies, bowls, and healthy snacks along with a coffee from their own roastery.
- Johannas Choklad is a café for anyone with a passion for chocolate. Here, you can sit down, enjoy a delicious bite, and watch while the company makes its products. Don’t forget to bring something home from the adjacent factory shop.
- Kullzénska Caféet invites you to feel right at home in its peaceful 19th century atmosphere, offering anything from sweet baked goods and cookies to hearty sandwiches. Since 2013, they are listed in the White Guide.
- Le Croissant is a French coffee house and bistro at Larmtorget, offering both coffee and a bite to eat. On sunny days, their outside wall offers a nice place to sit while enjoying a break and a bite in the varm sunrays.
- Mormors Brödbod & Café is a small and intimate café, offering bread from its very own stone oven bakery, as well as coffee and light lunches. This place has a major focus on organic ingredients and a wide selection of café treats, such as cookies, buns, and rawfood pastry.
- Bryggan is a restaurant in the Baronen shopping centre, offering coffee as well as full meals. Their outdoor seating area is right by the water of the Kalmar Guest Harbour, making this a venue where the city pulse meets the calm of the sea.
- Espresso House is a popular café if you want a cup of coffee or a light lunch, in an inviting venue at the heart of the city. Their menu has an extensive selection of hot and cold drinks, as well as baked goods, sandwiches and salads.
- Waynes Coffee is a café right next to the shops, located on the upper floor of the Baronen shopping centre. They offer many tasty treats for the peckish, as well as more substantial alternatives for those with a light lunch in mind.