7 winter tips
Every season has its charms. Below are some things we are looking forward to doing in Kalmar when it is winter.
- A walk among the glittering lights. It is lovely indeed, when the Christmas lights shine on Kalmar. Don’t miss out on the beautiful Kalmar sign, this winter located in the stream in front of the school Stagneliusskolan.
- Ice skating in Stortorget. In november a new ice skating rink in the middle of town opened. Until February 27th, you are welcome to try ice skating at Stortorget. The rink will be open and lit from 10:00 to 20:00 on weekdays, and from 10:00 to 18:00 on weekends.
- Go for a reflector walk. A hike in the dark can be an exciting adventure. On the island Svinö there is a reflector hike that is about 900 meters long. Do not forget the flashlight!
- Cosy museum visits. The Castle, the County Museum and the Art Museum always have exciting exhibitions to offer, and there are several art galleries well worth a visit, too.
- Concerts and theatre. This winter, there will be many events offered in Kalmar, all with their own atmosphere.
- Winter picnics. On bright and sparkling winter days, it is a lovely thing to pack some food and head for the outdoors. Perhaps you will stop at a nice BBQ spot? If there is snow, you could always bring the cross-country skis or the sled.
- Have a refreshing winter bath. Are you an all-year-round bather? Kalmar offers several places to go for a bath, both in the middle of town and on the outskirts of the municipality.